On January 5, 2021, Rev. Yevgeni Mikhailov, senior pastor of the Lutheran Church of Pushkin, St. Petersburg, who also serves the Lempaala Parish in Steklyanny, Leningrad Oblast, visited Tserkovny kholm (“the Church Hill”) where the parish church stood from 1611 to 1935. (Click to enlarge picture at left.) Today, the memorial cross that was erected on the site is the cross that was on top of the church until it was destroyed.
Photo credits: Inna Demidova