On December 8, 2023, the Theological Institute of The Church of Ingria (TICI) located in Koltushi, Leningrad Oblast, hosted a theological conference on the occasion of the 30th anniversary since the then Laurikalla Training Center was first established and the 160th anniversary of the seminary in Kolpany. The topic of the conference was “Theological Education in Russia: History and Modern Day.”
The next day, December 9, saw the dedication of the Institute’s third classroom building named “Leino” after Leino Hassinen (1924-2015), the first bishop of the revived Church of Ingria, who served as ELCIR bishop in 1993-1996.
The dedication ceremony was performed by ELCIR Bishop Ivan Laptev and Pastor Ivan Hutter, ELCIR St. Petersburg region dean and senior pastor of the church in Koltushi. The attendance included government officials and members of the Roman Catholic Church, the Russian Orthodox Church, and Evangelical Christians-Baptists. Presentations and sharings came from TICI Rector Konstantin Subbotin, Bishop Emeritus Arri Kugappi, construction workers, students and faculty members. Greetings from foreign missionaries were read out loud.
Photo credits: Veronika Pogasiy, Kristina Shilova