Some of the decisions of the ELCIR Synodal Council meeting of June 2, 2022
– Confer a blessing to Mikhail Korf to serve Christ the Savior Lutheran Church in Novosibirsk as a catechist.
– Appoint Vyacheslav Shadrin senior pastor of Kalevala Lutheran Church, Karelia, for one year till June 1, 2023 (upon receipt of necessary papers).
– Prolong the term of office for Pastor Vladimir Yakushov as the senior pastor of Muyezersky Lutheran Church, Karelia, for 2 years till June 1, 2024.
– Prolong the term of office for Pastor Vladimir Bitkin as the senior pastor of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church of Kolpany, Leningrad Oblast, for an unlimited period of time pending further decision.
– Defrock Deacon Robertas Bertašius for conduct incongruous with pastoral ministry.
– Ordain Vyacheslav Ostanin into the Office of Pastor.
– Affirm a united audit commission for all the ELCIR old people’s homes. Key: Yekaterina Sokolova, St. Mary, St. Petersburg; Yelena Sadilkina, Skvoritsy, Leningrad Oblast; Dmitri Arevkin, St. Mary, St. Petersburg. Backup: Aleksandr Zhumatiy, St. Anne, St. Petersburg.