Thanks be to the Lord! The humanitarian shipment was delivered to Kursk and Novoandrosovo, Kursk Oblast, where we had a chance to talk to refugees and share the comforting Gospel message and Easter joy!
Bishop Ivan Laptev cordially thanks all the people who helped put together the aid:
– Maksim Zuyev, who organized this effort
– Every person who donated money in the “Wish Your Bishop a Happy Birthday!” drive to collect offerings for refugees
– Anna Pomogayet Charity Cluster
– Sister Irina Makkonen, interim head of the ELCIR Diaconal Department
– Volunteers from St. Anne’s Lutheran Church and Koltushi Lutheran Church
– All people who have been praying for this!
“To the thirsty bring water; meet the fugitive with bread, O inhabitants of the land of Tema. For they have fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, from the bent bow, and from the press of battle.” (Is. 21:14-15, ESV)