On December 15, 2021, the expert committee of St. Anne’s Church Grant with Bishop Laptev in attendance met to vote for the winners of a project proposals contest. The ₽500,000 of prize money will be divided among the winning ELCIR congregations.
A total of 13 congregations applied for the grant. Their project proposals were evaluated based on the following criteria: relevance and importance for the congregation and The Church of Ingria; mission focus; lifecycle / repeatability; coherence and feasibility; realistic budget; amount of own contribution to implement the project; prior experience in the chosen area of work. The committee members gave the projects 1 to 5 points on each criterion. The project proposals which got the most points won the contest. Congratulations!
1. Velmema Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Saransk, Republic of Mordovia: psychological assistance for adolescents and youth
2. Christ the Savior Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Novosibirsk: youth cluster
3. St. Luke’s Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Cheboksary, Republic of Chuvashia: charity coffee house
4. The Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Gubanitsy, Leningrad Oblast: inclusive Christian camp for children and their families
5. Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Chalna, Republic of Karelia: open lectures
6. Holy Spirit Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Petrozavodsk, Republic of Karelia: project for a diaconal center
7. The Mari-Russian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Yoshkar-Ola, Mari El Republic: crisis rehab center for ex-prisoners
8. The Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Nizhny Novgorod: music lecture series in the ELCIR Moscow Deanery.
Information courtesy of Yelena Kugappi, contest coordinator