Below are some of the decisions made by the ELCIR Synodal Council on June 4, 2021
– Confer a blessing to Daniil Urayevski to serve as a catechist at Twelve Apostles Evangelical Lutheran Church of Roshchino, Leningrad Oblast, after the catechist exam and an interview with the bishop;
– Confer a blessing to Maksim Masalski to serve as a catechist at St. Anne’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of St. Petersburg after the catechist exam;
– Confer a blessing to Aleksandr Zhumatiy to serve as a catechist at St. Anne’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of St. Petersburg after the catechist exam;
– Confer a blessing to Andrei Polyakov to serve as a catechist at Hietamäki Evangelical Lutheran Church after the catechist exam;
– Ordain Aleksandr Protasov into the Office of Deacon to serve St. Mary’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Irkutsk;
– Ordain Timur Pamyatnykh into the Office of Pastor to serve Christ the Savior Evangelical Lutheran Church;
– Prolong the term of office for Deacon Marat Fazlullin as the senior minister of St. Peter’s Udmurt-Russian Evangelical Lutheran Church for two years from June 4, 2021 to June 3, 2023;
– Sergei Scheinfeld, a member of a conservative partner church in Germany, has expressed a desire to do internship in the ELCIR. Offer the congregations in Kaliningrad and Lithuania for internship.
– Appoint Svetlana Zhuravlyova interim director of the Old and Disabled People’s Nursing Home in Kikerino while Aleksandra Selivyorstova is on pregnancy leave.
– Affirm the following Board of Trustees for Kolibri Nonprofit Organization:
1. Ivan Laptev, ELCIR Bishop
2. Aleksandr Smirnov, business manager
3. Oleg Belezhenko, diaconia development coordinator
4. Grigori Lakomov, pastor, ELCIR West Ingrian Deanery
5. Igor Pavlov, deacon, ELCIR St. Petersburg Deanery;
– Affirm Aleksandr Smirnov as director of Trilistnik Nonprofit Organization
– Affirm the following Board of Trustees for Trilistnik Nonprofit Organization:
1. Darya Vasilyeva, St. Mary’s Congregation, Pristan project for orphanage graduate assistance
2. Boris Kozlenko, Congregation of Koltushi, construction specialist
3. Vladimir Shestipalov, construction organization, project sponsor
4. Tatiana Ryumina, St. Michael’s Congregation, Hope Center, women’s and children’s assistance project
5. Valeria Aleksanderova, St. Mary’s Congregation, director of Vesenneye solntse Foundation;
– Affirm the new annual report form incorporating proposed changes and send it around to ELCIR congregations. Reports are to be submitted to the deans and to the ELCIR Headquarters. Request ELCIR congregations to fill out the reports by August 27.
– Affirm the layouts of new ELCIR stationery.