On the weekend of July 4-5, 2020, volunteers from different Ingrian congregations led by Nikolai Minenkov, head of the ELCIR Children & Youth Department, gathered in the parish of Bolshoye Kuzyomkino, Leningrad Oblast, to work together for the glory of God.
The volunteers cleaned up, mowed the grass, replaced a window, tidied up in the worship area, and repaired the roof.
The route of Volunteer Days was as follows:
– visiting Martti Rautanen’s house in Tikopis
– having a meal of delicious lagman and homemade bread prepared by Irina Sorokina in Kingisepp; work in Bolshoye Kuzyomkino
– cleaning up in the congregational house and mowing the grass
– swimming in the Gulf of Finland at Tiskolovo
– sleepover in Konnovo
– Sunday worship service in Bolshoye Kuzyomkino
– travel back home
Many thanks to everybody who responded and participated in Volunteer Days! A big thank you for the work done! Special thanks to sister in Christ Ludmila for the great food during the whole journey.
We’ll be looking forward to more people interested in Volunteer Days! God’s blessings!
Source and photo gallery: VK